Sunday, April 18, 2010

What a weekend.

Sunday i spent a glorious morning in and out of fabric shops, buying samples of different fabrics, elastics, trimmings.... A fabric store is a toy shop for me. It takes me a while to actually remember what i go in for, i spend ages just walking around in a dream state feeling each and every roll, imagining glamorous dresses or jackets or scarves in each fabric...then eventually when I've had my fix and inevitably bought fabric for some dress which probably wont get made for a long time... but it doesn't matter because buying fabric gives me the same high as buying new clothes. No matter that i cant wear it straight away but having a piece of beauty in my home makes me feel special...
As i was saying, eventually i do start looking for what i came in for, but unfortunately as i found yesterday, beautiful stretchy fabrics are not as readily available as i thought. I Will have to keep hunting, but i did get what i needed to do some tests.

I stayed up till 1am refining ,my pattern block, and made a gorgeous pair of black tights with a leather look strip down the outside leg. I Love it!

This project could actually work me thinks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment