Thursday, June 23, 2011

FABRICS FABRICS FABRICS!!!





For the last 2 days I've been to a hundred different meeting over 300 hundred cups of tea and looking at so many gorgeous fabrics it makes me weep with joy! My entire work table, coffee table and couch is covered with swatches of silks and cottons from all over the world. Lesson #5678 i've learnt as a self taught fashion designer - Its a good idea to have a look at fabrics first, fall in love and then sit and design! I designed first, only to find that not only could i not find the perfect fabric to use on my designs, I fell in love with fabrics that are now making me re think my whole collection for summer! Here is my mood board that has been getting me inspired. And Lesson #8767 - don't ever let obstacles get in your way. I live in a tiny apartment and for months have been moaning about lack of wall space to do my mood board on, and viola!, inspiration hit and now they are covering all of my husband's photographs in the kitchen! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment